There was a very secret meeting held at a very secret location tonight, for area bloggers. Okay, it totally wasn’t a secret, as you could probably hear us from about three blocks away. And it wasn’t for only bloggers (though a good four of us were). But yes, fun times were had by all. Exclusive video footage of myself and a certain Rob singing a Brak song will later be provided here.
Awesome thunderstorm, just a bit ago. I turned out the lights upstairs, laid down in the hallway, half on the stairs — half on the main floor, and stared out the window at the absurd lightning. One reason I enjoy the Midwest in all its summer humidity.
Last blog entry for a while. Tomorrow = wedding and packing and father’s return from Germany if Northwest Airlines still does that (my family and their traveling karma…). Sunday = move and no internet. Following days = stuff and birthday and school and still no internet.
Who knows when I will be properly blogging again, so here is the LONGEST MEME IN EXISTENCE to tide you over. The infamous 100 Things meme (psst, that crap took FOR-E-VER). Have fun and leave comments and everybody have a good start of school/work/etc.
100 Things About Me
1. I attended Montessori school from ages 3-4, and they put to rest the weird idea in my head that you could make the color red out of other colors
2. Upon inspecting some old progress report sheets from Montessori school, they noted that I was a good kid except for the fact that I sucked at Math (even when I was THREE!) and I spent all of the snack break socializing instead of snacking
3. Contrary to popular belief among my friends, I do not live in a vortex and my older sister is not just a figment of my imagination.
4. I can’t tyepf orst shit. ‘Cos I’m QESOME.
5. I really like the person I’ve become
6. Somehow I don’t believe that other people should like me, at all, ever, despite the fact that I like myself
7. In reality I am supposedly kind of popular, which confuses and freaks me out a lot
8. I have what might be the coolest collection of pants in existence
9. I have played the cello for 15 years now
10. Each of the last three cello teachers I’ve had have all had a kid during the time I’ve worked with them. So, okay. Enough already, with the kids, please!
11. I also play the electric bass (I play a fretless, making me awesome, question mark?), and did jazz band stuff during high school
12. I was also involved in choir, including jazz choir and madrigals
13. I really really love madrigals, and you are better off avoiding me for the entire month of December
14. I am the recessive gene in my immediate family, all blonde and blue-eyed and stuff
15. I am half Polish on my mother’s side
16. I will never know exactly what I am on my Dad’s side. Hungarian, Austrian, German, Russian, some Eastern European stuff, maybe more. Who knows?
17. Supposedly there is a very miniscule amount of Mongolian on my mom’s side, from when the Mongol’s invaded Poland a way long time ago, which explains why I like meat. And horses. And Tuvan throat-singing.
18. I have an older sister who is 26 and living in Germany.
19. There is a 7-year difference between us, so we’re more like decent acquaintances who share similar bone-structure than sisters
20. Regardless of the above, we have both turned out freakishly alike in ways
21. For as long as I can remember (until this Spring), we’ve kept birds in our house, mostly parakeets
22. Our most recent parrot of 10-years, Pete, was so so cool. He now lives with his first family in Chicago, as they have time for him to sit on their shoulders and chew their shoe-laces all the live-long day
23. I really miss that bird
24. My favorite animal as a child was the elephant, and I had a large elephant collection that could totally beat up whatever animal collection you had when you were five
25. Horses were later my favorite animal, and I actually got to work with them on a horse-farm from the ages of about 9-14
26. I was a member of Pony Club for a good amount of time, but I prefered working on the ground as a working-student and stable-hand to competing on horse-back and falling off 3-times-a-day and breaking those precious cello-fingers
27. Currently I really like foxes
28. I’ve never eaten a twinkie, and plan for the matter to remain so
29. When I was young (like 5), whenever I would say “just a minute,” I’d insert the word “minuette” because I was a dork-ette even then
30. My Dad is Jewish and my Mom is Catholic and yes, it has occurred to me that this explains why I am filled with guilt, all the time
31. I feel guilty about EVERYTHING, regardless of whether or not I have control over certain things
32. I was of ambiguous religious up-bringing, and now just sort of make up beliefs for myself as I go
33. I feel I’ve turned out pretty well-rounded as a child-heathen except for a few certain things including matters of a)guilt and b)fate, which are both things that you will find me curled up in a fetal ball after attempting to contemplate.
34. I have always said I do not believe in fate, but lately I’m starting to wonder if maybe there is something to this fate thing after all
35. No matter what, I still believe in time and timing. And space (I believe in!!)
36. I am in a band called National Placenta Garage, and I’m totally not kidding.
37. I have music in my head every waking hour of the day and sometimes it’s annoying
38. Different from what might be expected of introverted weirdos like myself, I really enjoyed high school, whereas I find college to be frustrating and unpleasant a lot of the time
39. I have long and narrow feet, and when I was born and they were trying to take my foot-print in that little circle-thing, my feet went right out of the circle
40. I am weirdly overnostalgic (in a sad way) and I often need to be punched in the face because of it
41. It takes me a while to get to know people, and I usually have problems trusting
42. I value honesty and a good heart in other people and myself
43. I have had a total of one boyfriend (who I am pleased to say encouraged above-mentioned footage of he and myself singing The Beans song by Brak to be spread around the internet), for about a week during high school. He thereafter became one of my best friends.
44. I am a chocoholic like whoa, but I don’t really like other sugary crap
45. I just bit my lip and it really. really. hurt.
46. I have weird, self-conflicting issues with pop-culture, but if you call me Indie (the kind who don’t like things specifically because they’ve become popular) I will CUT you.
47. I am really pessimistic, but still pretty happy, and at least I’m not easily dissapointed
48. However, there have been those times. You know.
49. I am fairly aggressive, but I am well experienced in suppressing the urges to go out and beat people up.
50. A lot of the time I’m also kind of meek
51. The bottom line is that I just don’t do well with people, and would rather hide out than be social
52. Most people actually think I’m quiet and polite by nature when they first meet me. Which I find hilarious.
53. I have some truly kick-ass friends scattered across the globe
54. I gave up living in the best city ever in order to better my musician skills, and I think I deserve a cookie for that whole ordeal.
55. I don’t like the city where I currently go to school and am going to attempt to live there for three more years.
56. I can’t make decisions, big or small.
57. I play in a quartet with my sister’s ex-roommate’s ex-boyfriend’s fiance, THANK you, small and incestuous music-world (but she is way cool, for the record)
58. I’m too nice, and I need to yell at people who bother me rather than compensate my sanity
59. There is original music in my head and I wish I were better at getting it out
60. I like bizarre, noisy, atonal 20th century music
61. I worry that people think I’m a freak because of that
62. I have this sad belief that I’m going to be alone forever
63. I also really value my being by myself, so the above-mentioned is only a sometimes-sad thing
64. I am a college student and I don’t drink and that is statistically improbable.
65. If I do drink (ie, a shot-glass equivalent amount of Port or wine), it’s because my parents badger me into it, and is that not also statistically improbable?
66. I love Trader Joe’s and everything in that store
67. I’ve been to Europe once when I was 9
68. I was in Mexico when I was 13
69. I was also in Japan in that same year-number 13
70. I AM GOING TO GERMANY THIS FALL!! AAAH!
71. I am endlessly obsessed with Japan in so many ways
72. The only reason I value AIM anymore is so that I can have absurd conversations in what I call “the chat,” or all of my far-off net-friends in one window making fun of me for mistyping everything
73. I have a new cello, and I love it, and I will not shut up about it
74. I may or may not be going to a Nightmare Before Christmas themed wedding with Stick (aka Josh)
75. I am quietly obsessed with weird, dark, German impressionistic and Tim Burton-esque art
76. You know that dorky series of books for horse-loving twirps, The Saddle Club? I think I’ve read like all of those
77. I was very much obsessed with The Chronicles of Narnia when I was young, and thus believed that every locked door led to another world
78. My sister did not help the above, by trying to convince me that magical, gift-giving fairies lived in her closet
79. I never believed in Santa Claus when I was younger, but never spoke out because I was afraid my gift-receiving privelidges would be revoked.
80. My entire immediate family consists of musicians, as does a lot of my distant family
81. Supposedly, the Jewish clan of my father’s ancestors were the Levites, and I’m pretty sure he referred to them as being “the wandering musical Jews”
82. I can bake a mean chocolate-chip banana bread, so sit your ass down!
83. My mom is from Upstate NY, and rare is a summer where I don’t end up there for a couple weeks
84. I have witnessed approximately 50 weddings of people I don’t know
85. I have a sick love for Japanese variety shows
86. I have a gift for immitating loons (you know, those damn loud birds that live on Northern lakes?). It is scary and loud and I have decided to only ever demonstrate this to people for money. So pay up.
87. I was completely, unbelievably obsessed with the Beatles from ages 8-13.
88. My first real crush was definitely Paul McCartney
89. I remember first seeing Yellow Submarine when I was 3. Which might explain a thing or two about me, if you think about it.
90. R.E.M. is probably my next favorite band
91. I am and will forevermore be terrified by slugs
92. I keep a private journal-book thing, which is just my snarky commentary on the world, uncensored. I love that writing.
93. I worry about the art of physical hand-writing in this computer-dominated world
94. I am sick of trying to come up with pointless things about myself
95. I am starting to re-obsess about this wild, epic comic-book called ElfQuest
96. I am a navigational nazi, so don’t screw with me.
97. Please don’t be a stupid driver around me.
98. My punctuation use in this meme has been inconsistent, and for that I apologize.
99. I am way too addicted to blogging, and the wonder that is Blogger.
100. Yes, is this Boot Country?